Monday 15 June 2009

THE PRINCESS OF WALES HAS ARRIVED

As those that know me, will know that i have been wanting to record a mix since the day i was born. It is one of those things that is a constant niggle in the back of my brain. I am always trying to figure out how i can combine my love for 2Step Garage, Detroit techno, 4x4 Garage, Indie pop, Doo wop, Acid Jazz, Dancehall, Electric folk, Electro, Funky House, Ragga, Dub house, Dubtronica, Dubstep etc etc into one mix.























I have played tunes (I say "played tunes" as i hate the expression and name dj, as I only think a small number of people are entitled to that title. It is like calling someone that picks up a paintbrush now and again and loves art an Artist. Titles are too losely used nowadays. Only will I ever call myself a dj when i have my Residency on Rinse and can use a Technics SH-EX1200S blind folded will i call myself a DJ. So for now I will make do with my Carboot find Vinyls, 1210's, MP3's and Ableton and continue "PLAYING TUNES" at random parties for random people) at a whole array of parties varying from:














The Hyper trendy SlamXHype, New Order magazine launch in Tokyo, Japan
TO
A Bangin' New Years Eve Beach party n Koh Phangnan, Thailand
TO
A Birthday party in a workmans club in the Valleys, Wales
TO
Sessions GSD BASH at the Vibe Bar Brick Lane, London
TO
A Catholic funeral in Barcelona, Spain.
TO
The biggest 2Step loving crowd ever in Oceania Kingston, London.
The list of random gigs is looooooong, so i won't bore you.






















What i am trying to say is that i have managed to put my love for all genres of music aside and narrow it down to select just a few that work well together, well i think so.
In this mix i have managed to squeeze it down to my top 5 genres...
GARAGE
TECHNO
DEEP HOUSE
DUBSTEP
FUNKY

















OK OK I will shut up now and let you enjoy the tunes!!!!


!!!DOWNLOAD IT HERE NOW!!!
!!!DOWNLOAD IT HERE NOW!!!


1: BOXCUTTER – A FAMILIAR SOUND
2: GROOVE CHRONICLES – STONECOLD
3: MARTYN – THESE WORDS Ft. DBRIDGE
4: GROOVE CHRONICLES – MASTERPLAN
5: BOOKA SHADE – NIGHT FALLS
6: ANDY CALDWELL – I CAN'T WAIT
7: KODE 9 – BAD
8: GEENEUS – AS I Ft KATY B
9: KYLA – DO YOU MIND?
10: FISH GO DEEP & TRACEY K – THE CURE AND THE CAUSE
11: CASSIUS – FEELING FOR YOU
12: CLARO INTELECTO – NEED YOU
13: NIGHTMARES ON WAX – I'M FOR REAL


THE PRINCESS OF WALES WONT LET YOU DOWN

BIG WELSH KISSES
XXX



No comments: